Creative Critical Reflection Question #3

3. How did your production skills develop throughout the process?

I feel like my skills have developed tremendously from learning this new experience with my AICE Magazine. When I first started my magazine I did not have many production skills but throughout this year I feel that I have learned a lot and used my skills in my magazine. 

1. Camera Shots/Angles
The most important and effective production skill I have learned is the photo and the angle that it is taken at; the angles can portray the significance and the mood of the photo for the viewers/audiences. Throughout my whole magazine, my camera angles mostly consist of wide shots and close-ups. The wide shots that are spread throughout my magazine portray the setting or location in which restaurant that the article is interviewing and checking out. It consists of pictures from the outside and entrance to inside in the dining room and bars. The close-ups that are taken convey the importance of the meal in the magazine. The close-ups of the food also give off a lot of color and design so they pop out to viewers eyes. All of the close-up shots that are taken were talked about within the article, which shows importance.

2. Exploring Setting
Luckily, I had the advantage of working at a local Seafood Restaurant so I was not nervous to take any pictures of the restaurant that I work at or pictures of any of the staff who work there. However, when I did explore other restaurants it was a bit nerve racking to take pictures of staff holding popular dishes at their restaurant or just taking pictures throughout the whole restaurant. But now, I will be able to ask without hesitating and it seems that people love to get their business names out so most people will agree to help me with my food magazine and communicate or get interviews from people who work in the restaurants. 

Comments