Creative Critical Reflection Question #1

1. How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

My magazine uses conventions from the Goodfood magazine. I positioned the main title of my magazine, "Taste of Sarasota", at the center top of the page, just how Goodfood magazine does their magazine. I also included the subtitle right under the title to show the type of edition I was using in each magazine. For example, in my magazine I used the "Seafood Edition", in many more magazines following this one, there will be different styles of food such as Italian, American, Mexican, Meats, Sushi, Chinese, etc. However, I do challenge many other food magazines because not only do I talk about the dishes within that style of food, but I also recommend the best local restaurants in that food area in Sarasota. I include several different pictures of the restaurant and state and explain the most popular, delicious dishes that they serve.
The social groups represented throughout my magazine are any age group who enjoys cooking, or who want to learn about cooking. My magazine also attracts people who are interested in scouting out new restaurants to eat at around the area of Sarasota.

Comments